Landscape and Horticulture Specialist
Certified/licenced to perform specialist functions to construct and maintain landscape environments. Also plans and interprets landscape designs to install and maintain landscape environments and construction. Duties also include maintaining landscape environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read blue prints and drawings
- Knowledge of landscape and construction techniques and practices
- Knowledge of landscape and construction terminology
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications related to the work assigned
- Ability to plan multiple job tasks to meet various project deadlines
- Knowledge of handling chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides
- Problem solving
- Computer skills
- Ability to lift heavy loads and work in difficult weather conditions i.e. wet and/or humid conditions; hot or cold weather
- Secondary School Education
- Preferably Landscape Technician Diploma
- Possess a valid Class - G Driver's license
- DZ license an asset
- IPM Technician License - Turf Practioner
Job Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Perform specialist functions based on certification or licence to ensure the health of lawns, trees, shrubs, bushes, flowers and plants;
- Plant bushes, shrubs, trees, flowers and plants in a strategic pattern designed by a landscape architect or designer;
- Plan and schedule new growth planting that will thrive in different weather conditions and remove old growth;
- Construct walkways, patios, decks, fences and landscape features;
- Maintain landscape environments by pruning, mowing, edging, trimming, fertilizing and watering;
- Interact with clients and propose new ideas or options for dealing with plant ,lawn or tree disease or deterioration;
- Assist in planning and organizing the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and material are available and ensures that job is completed in the most time efficient manner;
- Follow all health & safety regulations including wearing appropriate protective equipment and following Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for safe handling of fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and other dangerous chemicals.
Tools & Equipment:
- Small tractors, forklifts, bobcats, tillers, bed rollers, mulch spreaders, lawn mowers, etc.
- Power equipment such as pruners, clippers, saws, picking knives, sod cutters, weed eaters, plant augers, drills, etc.
- Hand tools such as pruning shears, handheld and hose-end sprayers, pesticide sprayers, saws, soil cultivators, water sprinklers, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates initiative
- Goal oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a team
Reports To: Landscape Designer or Landscape/Horticulture Manager
Respond in confidence
Ayles Natural Landscaping
1082 Coverdale Road, Riverview, New Brunswick – Greater Moncton, NB
Download Application Form Download Posting