Landscape Management Division Working Supervisor
Landscape Management / Landscaping Construction / Snow and Ice Management & Horticulture Services
Assign tasks based on work schedules, keep workers on task, complete time sheets and inspect quality of work to ensure job requirements are met. Liason between sales and client relations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Work with minimal supervision and possesses the ability to motivate others
- Attention to detail
- Good record keeping
- Time management
- Manage multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines
- Problem solving
- Team building
- Instructing and coaching
- Ability to lift heavy loads and work in difficult weather conditions i.e. wet and/or humid conditions; hot or cold weather
Job Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Achieves Project Margins and assist with 20% Enhancements of Projects
- Set job priorities and direct the activities of workers in landscape, greenhouse or nursery work settings;
- Estimate work-hour requirements and plan work schedules maintaining adequate manpower to accomplish daily tasks as directed by operations.
- Resolve work related problems and prepare and submit progress reports;
- Inspect completed work to ensure compliance to specifications, standards and contract requirements;
- Monitor projects and work sites for Quality and Efficient Operations
- Ensure workers comply with health and safety policies including wearing ap propriate protective equipment and following Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for safe handling of all products and equipment associated with job duties.
- Monitor all tools, equipment and machinery on job sites; maintain in safe working order
- Train new workers and provide ongoing training to all workers;
- Act as a professional representative of the company for client questions and concerns.
Education Experience Requirements for the Job:
- Secondary School Diploma and/or Equivalent Work Experience
- CLT, Diploma in Horticulture or related field an asset
- A provincial licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with endorsement for air brakes
Tools & Equipment:
- Trucks, Tractors Blowers, Loaders, forklifts, bobcats, tillers, bed rollers, mulch spreaders, lawn mowers, excavators and all other Industry Equipment and Tools Utilized
- Power equipment such as pruners, clippers, saws, picking knives, sod cutters, weed eaters, plant augers, drills, etc.
- Hand tools such as Shovels. Rakes, pruning shears, handheld and hose-end sprayers, pesticide sprayers, saws, soil cultivators, water sprinklers, etc.
Compensation – Full Time Salary Year Round Range $36,300-$42,300, Vehicle Plan when available 24/7, Mobility Share Plan, Group Medical Plan, Additional Compensation in Profit Share Growth Plan
Reports To: Operation Manager/Owner
Respond in confidence
Ayles Natural Landscaping
1082 Coverdale Road, Riverview, New Brunswick – Greater Moncton, NB